RP50 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP50

Purchased from: Local music store

I use this pedal with four different setups: Wurlitzer 80 watt amp or Line 6 Spider II 30, to the RP 50, to a Crybaby, to either a Fender Strat or a Schecter Gryphon. I mainly use the clean or distortion channel on this pedal. The distortion is kind of noisy if it has a lot of gain unless you use the noise gate or the compressor at a low setting. Also, the signal to the distortion kind of fades if you hold a note to a while. It's not the guitar, becuase if I do it with my Spider II's distortion, it doesn't fade out. I can get a pretty good sound for metal and classic rock, which is mainly what I play.

I play classic rock and metal mainly, and this pedal is a pretty good match. I've been playing for about a year now, and my other gear is posted above. If it was stolen or lost, I would probably get the DigiTech Metal Master or Distortion Factory instead, because distortion is the main thing I use with this pedal (although it is pretty fun to play around with the different types of effects sometimes). This was the only pedal that was in my price range at the store that I bought it from, but if I bought it from a bigger store, I may have found something that I liked better. Overall, its a fun little pedal.

I would definately gig with this pedal. It is built to last, as long as you don't jump on it or something like that. I would use it without a backup and not be worried.

This is my first mulit effects pedal, so I'm not sure how it sounds against others, but it sounds pretty good to me. I can get a pretty decent sound out of it. It has anything from distortion, to flange, to wah, to chorus, and about anything else I can think of. The manual was pretty descriptive about how to use it, although I didn't use it that much and just figured it out by myself.