RP50 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP50

Purchased from: Swing City

I use a Yamaha EG112C and then my RP-50 and an Alesis Wildfire 60 watt amp. It has two or three distortion settings that I like. If you don't like them they are good settings to start making your own from because they have some good effects in them (41, 24). If you have a good ear and figure out what sound you want you can get pretty close to it with the editing effect. The pedal has a fairly good noise gate on it, I like the chromatic tuner, the drum Machine is sorta sucky. Me and my friends make jokes about the drum Machine on it. The reverb effect on here does not impress me. I tried setting it for Bulevard Of Broken Dreams (Green Day) and it wasn't working out.

I play a lot of rock music and its pretty versitile for that, you could probly get some really cool blues or jazz sounds out of it. I have been playing for over 3 years now. I would have looked to see if there are better ones (which there are). If it were stoled I would deffenatly upgrade. Most likely to one of the gnx's(made by DigiTech also). I love that i'ts small and it's good for someone just practicing at home and doesnt really wanna go much farther than maybe occasionaly playing at church or somthing. I really hate that you have to scroll through and like in the middle of a song it is vertually impossible to have enough time to go to a solo or chorus setting very fast. I didn't really compare much cause I got it right after I started. I wish it had a computer interface to record with (RP-400 does) but whatever. Not for serious players. Perfect for begginers.

Well you have to take into consideration that it is made out of plastic. A few moths ago one of my editing buttons broke, so it wont let me turn an effect down, only up. If you dont want any seriously awsome effects or somthing and you arent jumping on it instead of stepping on it it may be ok for stage but for serious guitar players, I probably wouldn't recomend it.

The presets are "ok". If you figure it out, the editing is fairly yousefull. The manual explains everything about editing you need to know.