RP50 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP50

Purchased from: Flashback Guitars

One word - amazing. I have used mutiple different effects pedals in my 9 years of playing and I have never seen anything like this. There is a butt-load of different amp models and the effects are great. Unfourtunatly there is only buttons to control your effects, instead of knobs.

I play classics like Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin, Nazareth, up to new hard rockers like Disturbed, System Of A Down, Black Label Society. I play various types of blues, and a little bit of John Mayer-like acoustic rock. If my RP50 was stolen I'd first kick whoever stole its ass, but then I would probably buy a better box. A major downside of this is that it doesn't have a built in expression pedal. It does have a port where you can plug one in, but if you don't have one your sol.

If I was Jimi Hendrix I probably would buy a bigger, better effects box, but since I arent and I only play gigs, I can always depends on it to kick my effects when I need it. I've repeatedly dropped, kick (sometimes drop-kicked) and actualy ran it over with a 4-wheeler. This sucker won't break.

Unfourtunatly I'm gonna have to score low on this one. The RP50 is a great effects pedal. If you can learn how to use it. I repeatedly had to check the manual to first learn all the different controls. to this day I still haev to check it when inputing different variations of effects (I've had it for about 5 months). There are 40 preset factory effects already programmed on this baby, and about 25 of them sound pretty good. You can also preset over these effect with your own, but there are 40 other channels you can choose to do that on.