RP50 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP50

Purchased from: St.John's Music (Toronto)

I am using this with a Fender Stratocaster Affinity Series and a Traynor Reverb Mate 40 amp. I am not sure how it sounds with other systems but DigiTech says that it is very versatile. There is absolutely no noise coming from the Machine itself when playing. Every single effect is studio quality and they always sound great, regardless of settings. There is also a built in tuner which is engaged by pressing and holding both pedals simultaneously, when out of tuner mode pressing the pedals at the same time again but not holding them bypasses the RP50 for clean, unprocessed guitar tone. It also lets you create your own presets which can be saved and engaged whenever you want. An incredible feature of this product is the built-in drum Machine. It has 30 different drum beats that can be played at any tempo or volume. Getting the sound you want of your favourite artists is very easy but once again limited editing options are some times annoying.

I play some lighter metal and classic rock tunes and I have found almost every effect on the RP50 is used in one song or another so yes, it is a great match. When I was 15 I bought the guitar I have now and have been playing for rughly a year. Since I have bought and Ibanez Acoustic guitar and have a smaller travelling Fender amp. There is nothing I do not like about this product so far and I have been using it for 6 months everyday so its a great product. I'd be pretty pissed if it was lost or something but I would probably buy the next model up from this one (DigiTech RP80 or DigiTech RP200A) as it has a built-in expression pedal and more effects and editing opetions. I love everything about this product and my favourite feature is by and far the drum Machine. I chose this product because at the tender age of 16 I dont exactly have the means for a $500 effects system and at $100 its an amazing deal. Nothing I wish it had, its got everything I need. Great product.

Designed by guitar fanatics hiding in the rock'n'roll underground of Salt Lake City, I am pretty convinced it is dependable. I mean it did fall down 20 metal steps outside my appartment and suffered no more than a flesh wound. Plus high quality products from DigiTech is what I have come to expect so unless you have crappy old cords, I think that you are safe for a sick gig.

DigiTech's new RP50 Modeling Guitar Processor requires hardly any adjustments necessary for a good, clean sound. You just plug it in (or use batteries if no outlet is available) and press the up or down pedal for the next effect. Simple design is good for beginners and studio quality effects complete the package. Due to its simplicity, there is not a wide range of editing options and although there are 80 different effects, it is sometimes frustrating when you cannot get the exact sound you want. The manual is easy to understand and explains every aspect of this product. I would highly recommend this product for both the beginner and advanced player. I am rating this product as a 9 because operation is easy and simple and editing options are not necessary for me.