RP50 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP50

Purchased from: local music store

I am using this with a B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock into a GK head on a Marshall cab. It sounds amazing. Some of the effects they give you just sound a little weird though. Some of the combos are taken directly from some popular songs, one combination perfect for Eruption. Some of the phaser and/or wah effects can sometimes almost go out on you entirely, but still great sounding.

I love the metal effects on this pedal. With anything from Metallica to Slayer, this product sounds great whenever you have the right effects. I've been playing since I was 11 and have used it everyday of my life since the day I got it. My favorite feature has to be the Chorus/Mod effects selection, with over 100 diferent effects to choose from, including distortion, flange, and phasers. Awesome product for any current or up-and-coming guitarist.

Fairly durable. I've dropped it a couple times, but nothing serious. The only thing, and this is a warning, do not scratch the screen. It comes with a screen protector, and unless you will never use this on stage, do not take it off. The screen is easily scratched or scuffed. I'd still use it on a gig anyday though.

Extremely easy to use. 40 different combinations of effects. 40 are user-selected, which for the learned user can be extremely useful that can be modified to utilize the effects you want, and 40 exact copies that cannot be altered. The manual is easy to use and is very organized.