RP50 review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
DigiTech: RP50

Purchased from: Music Shop

Overall, all the effects are quite good quality, but then certain effects aren't really needed. Like the dynamic Wah (which sounds more like a duck than Wah) and the Yah (which is completely useless). The effects that are captured well though are Chorus, Multiple Distortions, Delay and reverb. These are all the basics of the guitar effects, again good for a beginner, but an experienced guitarist may be happier with the higher ups of the range (I'm currently using an RP300, I believe its called). The Biggest fault though is that there is no wah-wah pedal or volume pedal, which could have been added with only a little more cost.

I play mostly Oasis, Radiohead, Beatles, and all sorts really. for some songs, it provides a good match, but at other ties it can be frustrating trying to get the right kind of distortion, or the right reverb or anything else really. There is no way I would buy this again, and I really wish I had asked to get an expresion pedal version. I really wish that it had a wah-wah pedal, as that is what every gutarist needs. Once again, I would recommend this only to people playing less than 3 months.

Unfortunetly, I didn't get a chance to use this in a gig, but I would imagine that it wouldnt provide the correct durability I need as it is made of a kind of soft plastic type thing, that would break very easily if accidently steped on the wrong way. I actually did this and it has a crack in between the two pedals, so it is quite unreliable, I would definetly use a harder pedal, but would maybe use this as a last resort back up.

I have to say how great this pedal is for the price. I Mean 60 is nothing forabout 60 effects (never actually got round to counting). It is relitively easy to use, as you can select how much of each effect is used, with a number from 1 to 9. One problem however is that you can only save 40 of your own sounds, which is kind of a pain when you play songs that need to change effects at parts of the song, for example, Oasis's "Go Let It Out" uses the acoustic simulator, then moves to light distortion, then to Heavy distortion at the end. This is quite a pain if you need to store an entire setlist as with this way you can only store about 15 songs with multiple effects. great for a beginner though.