RP50 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP50

Purchased from: Long and Mcquade

I use an Epiphone special 2 and a crappy Traynor Guitar Mate. this thing makes my amp sound good. It can make my amp sound like a british stack or a '78 Marshall Master if I want it to. All the effects sound great, and you can choose how much you want of them through 10 settings. A9 is a lot of autoya. It can make you sound like any artist you want, including the likes of Pink Floyd.

I play classic rock, including some floyd, so this is all I need. It is all around great, you can play anykind of music, you have enough effects to blow your mind. It has more stuff than an amp and 10 effects pedals. I just wish it had a wah pedal built in, like the more expensive DigiTech RP80, which is actually a bit better. I love it, get one.

I have total Faith in this little thing. It always givs a good sound, you can switch around the settings while your on stage, it's great. The one bad thing about it is that the original presets don't sound very good (death metal with noise gate, delay, wah, reverb and auto), so basicly you have to go through every single preset and save them all with good sounding stuff.

This effects pedal costed more than my amp, but it was worth it. you can get sounds of 10 different amps, reverb, wah, delay, equalizer, noise gate, and all the effects you could ask for. It also has a built in drum Machine. you can also store over 70 presets, in case you have a song that has lots of vibrato, then you quikly go to a solo with wah and delay. the manual has all the meanings of the effects codes, which are hard to understand, like H12.