RP50 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP50

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I was using a Peavey Audition 110 and a Fender champ 15. Basically both amps sounded exactly the same. Only the Peavey audition gave a fuller sound since it was a bigger speaker. It's noise gate makes heavy distortion easy to play without all the buzz. The other effects that I like are the flanger and the chorus could be better but it's worth it for only $50. The distortion actually sounds pretty good. I wish it had more gain but it's does an ok job at it.

I play mostly metal. These suited me for a while and I was happy with them. If these were stolen I probably would buy a Boss MT-2 pedal to patch up for my Peavey Audition 110 crappy distortion. If you're amp sounds like crap and you want to make it sound better but spend little to no money, this is the way to go. You will be impressed with the sound it puts out and all the effects it has. But the more you play the guitar you'll start to want something better (the point I'm at). I think that goes for every guitarist though.

I've had these pedals for over a year and I've had no troubles with it. I don't know about gigging with it but it might do the job. I'd rather use a better amp and use the distortion channel on the amp.

It's easy to get a good sound out of these effects. The manual tells all about what the effects do and tell you the names of the presets. It's a little conufusing since you can adjust the treble, mids, and bass on the effects as well as on your amp. So you have to play around with that a little bit.

NoSoupForYou711
    it's great, some better distortions would have been nice, but I don't care that's why i have the singe effect stompboxes, but sometimes i'll use this pedal's distortion just because a few of them are REALLY sexy.