RP50 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP50

Purchased from: Magdon Music, Olyphant, PA

I am using the RP50 with a Tele and a Strat into a 60 watt Fullerton amp. There is quite a bit of feedback on the factory presets but with some adjusments to the presets it could sounds crystal clear. I use it for playing AC/DC, Metallica, and Led Zeppelin. All of which need different sounds for there songs which can all be made with this cheap little addition to your setup.

I play classic rock and heavy metal mostly and the effects such as chorus, distortion, pickup simulator, wah, and phaser all seem to be great for this. I've been playin for nearly two years and own a tele, a strat, 60w amp, 15w amp, Behringer distortion modeler, and an Aria acoustic and the RP50 is a great addition to my growing collection and interest. If it were lost or stolen I wouldn't buy this one again I would buy one of its bigger brothers such as the RP80 or RP100A.

The power source that comes with it is dependable because it is a plug. It could also run on 6 AA batteries and I don't think that would last to long. It seems to be made of quite cheap plastic so if I were to gig I would have another one as a backup, they are cheap in price but would seem to be durable enough for the reasons I use it.

It is very simple to use. It does not come with a manual or atleast mine didn't. But I figured it all out within a matter of an hour of playin around with it. I did download a manual off the internet just so I could see all the little details to using it.

ryanbahm
    i got this as my first pedal about 1 1/2 yrs ago and it is great it lasts, its easy to use, and if u go to www.digitech.com and go to sound community u can get patchs for sweet effects or artists tones check out the randy rhoads one
    loop-de-luke
    The best thing I love about this pedal is that you can plug any volume pedal into the Control-In input (from the Control-In to the volume pedals output) and use it like a normal wah pedal (Crybaby, Botique and Full Range wahs) and also use it with the Whammy effect like a real Digitech Whammy pedal (which cost about $500 for an actual Whammy pedal)... Of course, this doesn't sound quite as good as the real things (the Whammy pedals have more options) but they're still very effective