RP50 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP50

I use this pedal along with my Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and a Fender Stage112SE amp. The chourus settions and delays are an amazing combo. But there is a major flaw for some hardcore metal dist, there's isnt much of a crunch going on despite many trys at trying to get a decent dist. out it, since I have a DigiTech Death Metal pedal, I guess I can let this slide. But the Overdrive settings are great for the old rockness you want. for example AC/DC type Overdrive. I love the preset volume options, where you can have one quieter channel than the other. It's a fun feature.

I play stuff a lot of different types of music that deal with clean and distorion. so I like the multiple effects that suits my needs. I've been playn for a little over 10 years now and I like the various effect this pedal (amoung with all the other RP models) has to offer, a lot of effects at a cheap price. To get my puchy dist that I want, I've mentioned my DigiTech Death Metal Pedal. I also have a Boss Super Chorus and an Ibenez SmashBox. I've compared this to the Zoom type pedals but this one is far more versitile and better lets you adjust your setting to a speficic sound you want.

But like as seen with most DigiTech RP series, the pedals are not reliable at all, I would've choosen to gone with a more durable stomp set-up. If you hit it too hard, you might bend off the switch from the circut board. The overal design of the RP series doesnt't impress me one bit. compared to thier other pedals like the deathmetal and such, this combo of plastic and alumininum is really reliable. I'd definatly bring a back up system,

You can get an array of easy to use/premade, and editable effect. Easy settings toggles, You can practically adjust any effect to you preferance. There are alot of setting to go through, so finding the right combo will litrally take you threw hundreds of combinations. As for hard to understand codings like "H1," they are all coded and explained in the manual that it comes with. The amp presets are also very nice.

djmay71
    i might consider getting this pedal for practise purposes (ok, maybe a recording session or two) and i wasjust wondering if it only works on some cabs, becausemy practise amps are Peavey Backstage (26 Watt) and a Silvertone Smart III (26 Watt)
    neb_smada90
    Are you sure the RP50 has a built in tuner? Or am I just completely ignorant with my peddle? I've had it for about 3 and 1/2 years. It was just the other day I finally bought a GNX3. Are you talking about the new models? Cause mine might be the old one. None the less, AMAZING peddle for the price and it does last an INCREDIBLY long time.