RP50 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP50

I use a crappy Century amp, Yamaha pacifica 112/ Ibanez GAX70 with it. it's noisy when you use distortion or Overdrive but that's normal; although I'm kinda confused because even though I use the noise gate it still makes unwanted noise when I turn the distortion/overdrive on, I dunno if it's my guitar's fault or if the noise is because of my amp. I'm not sure about the sound because this is my first multi effects but the features are great and I could get the sound I like because of the patches I saw on DigiTech's site. I couldn't get my favorite artist sound out of it but atleast when I edit the patches I almost sound like them. I mosly play the music of Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Steve Vai, John Mayer, SRV, Eric Clapton, John Petrucci etc. there are 11 types of amp models which is great because whatever your genre is you'll get the sound you like. All the effects are good there are different effects in it.

I play any kind of music and I love it specially the acoustic simulator; the DigiTech RP50 definitely match the different genres I play. I've been playing for 1 year already I own a Yamaha Pacifica 112, a century amp, an Ibanez GAX70, and a Squier acoustic guitar. before I bought this I wanted to buy lots of Boss pedals but that would cost me a fortune so I decided to buy a multi effects instead. I'll probably buy it again because it's the only Multi effects pedal I could afford but if I had more money I would buy a Boss me50, this is a good multi fx but I'm not yet contented. I love everything about it, the features are fair for it's price. I also thought of buying a Zoom 505ii but I chose this because DigiTech's quality is way better than Zoom.. I wish it had this and that but if I wanted more complex feature I'd but a higher end DigiTech modeling processor.

the RP50 is very reliable and durable as long as you take care of it and as long as you don't abuse it. Yes use it everyday and it's condition is still mint. I have already dropped it 2 times but it's still working great. There no problem with the quality since it's DigiTech. I'll definitely use it in a gig without a backup.

The DigiTech RP50 is very easy to use, IMO you don't have to read the manual to figure out it's basic use. Editing patches is really easy, you could even find patches on DigiTech's website which is cool because you could also request for some patches. I got a manual when I bought it, it's really easy to follow, unfortunately I lost my manual but it's no big deal because on their site you'll find a manual for RP50. also when I bought it there were built-in effects which is really cool because all you have to do is find a effect you like and then edit the effect on how you want the sound to be and you could already get the sound you like.

frosty_frost09
    Price paid: 60 Purchased from: Musicians Friend Ease of Use: This is a very easy pedal to use. When I first got it, I was a little confused as to what each effect was and what it sounded like. But after you get the hang og playing it and get the sound of each effect, you can make some killer effects. It has 80 effects, though 40 of the are pre-set. So that gives you 40 effects to edit and mess with. And whats best is, if you ever want to re-set it back to factory settngs, you can! Sound: I use a Dean Markley 40 watt amp, and a Harmony Stratocaster. It sound sreally good. Reliability & Durability: It is a very durable pedal, I have knoced it off before itit is still going. I recomend that everyone purchase this pedal. It is a really good unit for the price.