RP50 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP50

Purchased from: George's Music

I am currently using the pedal with my Fender Strat, and the sound is perfect, it has any sound you can possibly want to get out of your guitar. From wah, to heavy, to a light shimmery Pink Floyd sound, the RP50 has it all. It is especially fun to play Smells Like Teen Spirit (by Nirvana) because it has pretty much the exact sound you need, from the beginning right into the in-your-face kick of the heavy distortion.

I play nothing but good ol' fashin rock 'n' roll, and my RP50 aint failed me yet- any sound I've wanted, that pedal gave me to me. Also, the pedal is relatively cheap, considering the screwed up prices out there like 300-400 bucks. Like we've got that kinda spendin' change danglin around in our pockets. I searched every store I've seen to look for a pedal with 30+ effects, and this is what I came up with. It is good for three style of music, rock, metal, and blues. If your into these genres, buy the DigiTech RP50.

The RP50 is a great multi-effects pedal for screwing around at home, or just jammin' with your bro's. I wouldn't use it at a gig, because it is made entireley of hard plastic, and is small compared to the other big boys made by DigiTech. It could take a bruise or two; if you dropped it on the carpet or shove it out of the way with your foot, it'd be nothing but if you stepped on it, you just flushed 50 bucks down the toilet.

The DigiTech RP50 is the simplest a multi-effects pedal can get. It has duel pedals, each going in a different direction in the line of 80 sounds. It also has a drum Machine and a tuner, which can be acessed easily by simply pressing a button. The simple 13 LED tuner that is just like any other auto-tuner, but electronic. The drum Machine (awesome) has 30 different drum lines, and can be used while you are playing your guitar.