RP50 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP50

I use it with a Crate practice amp and an Epiphone Les Paul Special II guitar. It is not noisy because you can use it's built in noise gate to reduce noise and hum. The effects always work and sound great, as I do not rely on batteries. It comes with an adapter. You can get sounds from Slash, Breaking Benjamin, and Avenged Sevenfold, among others. From oldies to metal to rockabilly. All of the effects are strong and none lack IMO. The flange is very nice, but phasing is just a little psychedelic for my taste.

It matches all styles of music almost, giving a pretty standard variety of effects, even an acoustic simulator. I have been playing a year and a half but this is good even for pros. I know a guy Who has been playing for his whole life and he is about 50 and he loves his. He uses it through his Marshall Micro stack (the big one). I would buy another one if it was stolen, for sure! I love everything about it and I just wish it had song presets but that can me a hassle. I like to mix distortion and tremolo. you can hear this effect in the beginning to Breaking Benjamin's "Polyamorous" I love my RP50!

It is pretty sturdy and I would definitely use it for a gig, but it is made of plastic. Any shows I play are small, as I am not extremely good at playing. Stress on extremely. It is overall pretty reliable and I like it a lot. I can depend on it not breaking, which is good.

It is extremely easy to get a good sound out of this pedal. It is a neat and easy to program effects unit with an OK handbook which explains all of the abbreviations used in the programming. This thing makes my Crate sound a lot more professional than it is. There are 40 effects that you can change and the last 40 you can not. The presets are very nice and have a good tone.

rayq78
    how about the acoustic simulator? hey people out there!!can you give me feedbacks regarding this? i cannot make it sound like an acoustic.