RP50 review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
DigiTech: RP50

Purchased from: Bellone's Music

At the time, I was using the Yamaha Pacifica 112 through a Fender FM15. I know the amp wasn't ideal, but let's face it, this pedal isn't going to give you an awesome guitar sound. It doesn't feel like you're playing an electric guitar. It feels fake, and it cheapens the appeal of playing guitar. I'm sure you can emulate several of your favorite artists out of the RP50, although good luck doing it without tone, since the pedal will suck it right out of the signal. I guess the chorus/flanger/phaser were ok. The acoustic setting is neat. Don't like any of the distortions and stuff. The fact that the signal disappears for a second in between effects would absolutely ruin you if you were performing Live. This is really a practice pedal at best.

I play 60s and 70s rock and am a big fan of blue rock, and a avid lover of guitar playing that has a warm tone and feel. I have been playing for over 4 years now, and if I could go back to the day I purchased it, I would slap my younger self, then tell HIM (me) to buy a Vox Wah instead. Considering I've pretty much given it to my friend, I wouldn't ever consider purchasing it again. I loved the idea of that many effects. I hated the fact that it left me feeling like I had made a deal with the Devil that had gone horribly wrong. I've heard Zoom or something makes alright processors, and maybe the new DigiTech line of these things are of a higher quality, but this is nothing more than garbage in todays guitat market. For beginners only!

It still works, despite feeling like you purchased the cheapest, most plastic piece of crap in history. It looks alright from a picture or even from a distance. It's a really cheap product though. I saw my friend using it a few weeks ago, and it appears to still be in complete working order.

I purchased this specific pedal about 4 years ago, and haven't used it at all since about 2 months into owning it. It's currently collecting dust at a friends house (not sure which one). I felt it necessary to make you aware of the fact that it was that long ago. I was in grade 10, I had started playing in the summer, it was my birthday, and I wanted a lot of effects at an affordable price. The DigiTech RP50 fill the multiple effects part pretty well. The RP50 was new and it came with a manual, although I had to purchase a wall plug for it, which sucked. It's really easy to get the best sounds the pedal has to offer, since there are 50 different pre-sets you can use, while there's a bunch more you can edit, or make a comlpetely new sound. I found the effects editing and building extremely frustrating and the set-up involved with that part confusing and I grew tired as a result.

jeffo46
    Go to the amp section and just keep on scrolling until you hit acoustic,and then just punch it in.