RP50 review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
DigiTech: RP50

Purchased from: A friend/bandmate

I'm using this pedal through a Kustom 10 watt practice amp and a strat knockoff, and it sounds okay. I actually don't mind the distortion, but when you max it it gets quite noisy. Hard to find band-related settings. Not for playing anything heavier than classic rock in my opinion.

Fun little pedal to play around with, I use it with a DigiTech Hot Rod Distortion and the two do not mesh well at all. If it were lost I might buy another one but I would probably just save up and buy an RP 250 because this thing lacks a footpedal which makes the wah useless. I've been playing 2 1/2 years and this thing is fun to mess around with, but not a gig pedal at all. I really enjoyed the 80 setting slots and the drum Machine was kinda cool and helped keep rhythm and all. I play rhythm guitar and bass in a band and this pedal could not keep up with what we play (classic rock, blues, punk). Although, for the price, you can't go wrong if you're a begginer guitarist looking for some light distortion and a cool pedal to mess around with, although, I'd suggest the 250 for intermediate or above guitarists.

It's made of cheap plastic and would probably break if it fell out of a gig bag on a sidewalk. I would not play a gig with it because the little footswitches are too small for me and the sound is not gig-worthy. I would not trust this thing at all but it would be nice if you pre-set the effects before a show so you could go from one to the next but too much work I say.

This is not exactly a beginner pedal. It takes some getting used to and experience with effects (Ex. noise gate, flange, chorus, digital delay, analog delay, etc.) but isn't bad once you get the hang of it. Besides that, it's pretty basic, you hit the next switch and one of eighty effects comes on and you hit the tenny drum button for the drum Machine.

ezza61
    Its cheap and expect it to be ffs. I think its great for the price, but yeah.. beginners more like it