RP50 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP50

Purchased from: Daddy's Junky Music

I am using my ever so trusty 2006 MIM Fender Standard Strat and my 1997 USA made, Crate GX-65 combo which seem to be a much better mix than my old Peavey Studio Pro 112. Like I mentioned above, if you know how to set these up just right, you can get the effects to sound really great! I only use the 1st 6 settings anyway, the rest I just leave them be. I like the Marshall stack setting usually on 6 with some noise gate and a slight compression with a little bit of chorus and reverb. I'm easy to please and that's what does it for me.

I play classic rock and 80's hair metal and these are a perfect amtch for my style of music. I've been playing for over 36 years and I wish that these were first around when I started playing all those years ago. They would've saved me a shitload of cash on pedals back then. These are only $50.00 Brand New and you can find them used for around $30-$40.00 on E-Bay or Craig's List, so for that price, you are saving a ton of money on pedals and batteries alone. These are worth the money and sound great.

I have been gigging with these extensively since 2002 and have never, I repeat, never have encountered any problems with these at all, none! These are totally dependable providing you take proper care of them and don't go apeshit stomping on them with your full body weight. After all, these are made of plastic and not metal, so treat them carefully and they'll last you a long time. I have never needed a backup with these at all and never will.

These pedals aren't exactly rocket science if you know what I mean. This is my 2nd review for these only because I went and bought a Brand New one 2 months ago to replace my old one which I had sold only because we needed the cash at the time. This does come with a manual but I've been using these since 2002 so, I have setting these down to a science and therefore don't need the manual. If you know what you're doing and have your amp set up just right, then you can get a great sound out of these contrary to what the know it alls have to say!

padgea7x
    yeah i like this rp50 great for the price i like the effects and tones it has some great ideas in there too i would of payed well over 100/150 for this. but i got this for 41 instead bargain