RP50 review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
DigiTech: RP50

I use a small Fender amp and a Synster Custom Schecter Guitar. I also play my '85 Fender with it alot. It is really loud on the 40 and 80 settings. You can change the 40 but not the 80. Basically when you use the 80 setting it gets louder as you play. The effects always sound great, the only problems are the delay settings which are kind of hard to figure out and set with the right tone. When I use it I almost always am able to get the same or get very close to sound of just about any artist. You can edit the settings to fit better if they are off or make a totally unique setting. The distorion effects are great, the delay and flanger effects are difficult to get the right timing for a certain tone though.

I usually play rock and alternative but I have played some blues riffs and scales with the RP50.It is a good match for rock and blues. I have been playing for seven years and started using it the last couple of years. It was my first guitar effect petal and I haven't had to buy another one because of the amazing effects it has.I wish I would have asked how to change some effects because some are hard to understand even with the manual. If I lost it I would probably try to find it and if I couldn't I would buy a one of the more advanced models that DigiTech has. I love the tuner that is built in. I don't have to unplug my guitar and connect to a different tuner, I just play the string and tune it. My favorite feature is the distorion features. All of them are awesome. The only thing I wish it had was an expression petal, but some ot the other models DigiTech has have them I just couldn't afford the more advanced ones.

It is definately dependable but if you need to change from one tone to another quickly, adjust the settings and put them next to eachother so you don't have to stop and search when you're on stage or practing. I have used this at a gig without a backup and it worked perfectly.

This is an awesome petal. I use it every time I play. The sounds and effects this little petal creates are insane. There are two buttons that your use to scroll through the settings it has. The first 40 settings are customizable and the next 41-80 settings are the default settings that the RP50 comes with. I have no sound problems at all when I use it and I usually just use the default settings because they have everything that I usually need. The manual that is included with it tells about all the features and uses of the RP50. On top of everything else it has a tuner built in. It's the only guitar effect I use because it has everything in it. It's really awesome.

purebredmutt
    this thing is pretty sweet for it's price. I asked the guy if there was any difference between the rp50 and rp90 and he said 'no' so (in australia) you're paying an extra $120 for an expression pedal. If you already have a wah, settle for the rp50 and skip out on the rp90. The distortion on this thing is pretty sweet too, got some nifty little features and crazy sound effects. the autoyah is sick, the reverb, tremolo and all that in my opinion are all up to standards