RP500 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP500

Price paid: € 270

Purchased from: Thomann

I use it with my only guitar, an Ibanez RG7321 with DiMarzio Blaze II neck on bridge, connected to a little Spider III 15 on clean. I play Korn all the time using the Dual/Triple Rectifier model, with the Big Pi distortion, EH Flanger, EH Phaser, Univibe, DigiTech Whammy... You name it. I don't care much if the effects sound a little off but this gear is fun to play with. I also tried the Zone distortion and it's cool.

I mainly play Korn and mess around (still learning) and I love all the options under my feet. But it does take some time from playing just to decide what to use. I just wish there was a way to go from clean to Drive channel within the amp model or maybe the Amp/Cab bypass little button as a full switch. Having 2 effects at the same time instead of one Chorus/FX would be great and you wouldn't need to Switch presets so many times. But hey, for 270 I got pretty much everything I need for playing Korn - that's the main reason for choosing the RP500. I would buy it again.

It's made of metal. Feels like I could jump on it.

This thing is simple to use, and I love simplicity. I have been playing guitar for only two years and know little about effects but I can get a nice sound just by turning a few knobs. It gets even easier with X-edit. You can even name your patches and they will show on the display. Firmware updated to 2.0 which adds a 20 second looper - not that I use it that often.