RP500 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP500

I am generally using this with my ESP EC50 and either just a plain stage monitor and house speakers or my Line 6 Spider IV amp. It does not sound so well with the Line 6 amp because I fell the amp was not meant to have effects ran through it. The distortion can get really noisy if you choose a highly distorted amp and pedal but the noise gate helps with cleaning the signal up. The effects are real strong. I do feel the distortion is kind of weak when using other effects such as a chorus. I really don't use the sound of my favorite artists much. I combine different sounds and try to get my own but the website has a ton of good artist sounds you can download.

I play a lot of metal and this is perfect for it. It gives me all my cool little effects without having to spend $1000 on pedals and a board. I love the multiple effects you can get along with the wide variety of a certain effects. The only part I really don't like is it is kind of hard to get the sound you are looking for. I did compare this to several other pedals including Boss, Line 6 and a Vox multi-FX pedal. I say if I had to get another Multi-FX pedal I would most likey get this.

This is probably one of the most realiable pedal you could ever have. I am really hard on pedals when I am travelling and playing and it refuses to budge or buckle which is a good thing. The Whammy is very reliable to get working as are the vacuum switches.

Getting a good sound out of this pedal can be easy and complicated at the same time. Some small adjustments could ruin your entire sound. The settings that come with it are amazing. Editing patches is a whole lot easier than my RP90 because of the knobs and the fact that each setting of the pedal can be controlled. The manual is really good it lists all the pedals, settings you can use and tells you everything you need to know.