RP55 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP55

I am using my RP55 for practice and fun. So I use a Yamaha pacifica with it and it sounds great. It is noisy with a good amp and settings, plus you can customize almost anything to make it how you want it to be, you can make it sound like Metallica or maybe more modern stuff, mainly anything. I can say that I have had this for a while, and it is worth playing.

I play rock, punk, and some slow solos. But all sound great with your own customs. I have been playing for 2-3 years now and have had it for maybe a year, but it hasn't failed yet. I wish I would have asked if there was a USB compatibility, but I can get past that. If it was stolen I would probably go out and get another 55, or another in the RP series.I love the built in tuner, and drum Machine along with all the great customizable effects. Amazing for beginners.

You can depend on it with a power adapter, but you can't really trust anything with batteries. But it has a 15H battery life with 6 batteries. So I would depend on it easy for a gig with no backup, it is very good in sound, and battery life. It is a great one for beginners, but if your pro and on a gig I would probably get somethings else.

This is my first effects peddle, and in about 20 min of messing with it, I got it down. Its really easy to use mostly because of the 80 effects and simple 2 Digit screen that shows it, 40 are factory and 40 are also factory out of the box, but are customizable. Editing the effects are very simple. The manual is a simple, 23 page, but very descriptive and helpful. I'm not sure, but think the RP55 is an upgraded version of the RP50. Great for beginners.

lathblade
    I hate my RP50 cause it murders tone if you have a halfway decent amp...just get a couple decent pedals and make your own sound.
    CptRevell
    I have a RP100, I would assume it has a similar chipset. The distortions are iffy, but I think the other effects are serviceable. The cab/mic effects can really muddy up the sound.
    zeatle
    zapatista89
    zeatle wrote: digitech is alright, but i dont think that you would want to use it on recording an album.....its almost like the fisher price of guitar stuff.....its good when your starting out.
    yeah i mean id never think about using my digitech WHAMMY while recording an album
    r0ckth3d34n
    I have an RP50 and I can't stand the fact that when you let a chord or note ring out, there's this buzz feedback. I mean, if I were to play a show with it, no one would notice. But nonetheless, when letting chords ring out or muting, there's that feeback. I hope its not like that with the RP355...
    sammo_boi
    it's not digitech that's bad, they make some great stompboxes, including distortion ones, it is just multi-fx in general that suck.
    Zakattak264
    ChucklesMginty wrote: The RP series isn't bad, but it's not really worth it unless you get an RP250/255 or above.
    yea, the 500 i have is great for anything. remember people, music is expensive and if you are too cheap, your sound will be cheap
    bluesguitarpunk
    The distortion is horrible for basically anything but metal. It has some good effects mixed in. This great for its price.
    jonnyblade7
    I use a bunch of digitech stomp pedals but the only multieffect guitar pedal of theres ive tried is the rp350 and thought it was an exalent pedal. the bp80 and bp200 are great for any bass player to have also.
    jpnyc
    Ive been playing around with an RP55 for a few weeks. The distortion sounds fine if you really push it for metal, but if you just want a little fuzz or crunch it starts to sound really dirty with crackles and pops. The clean tones are pretty sweet and warm. The effects are good if you just want to lock in a sound thats close enough and dont need to get exact tones with analog dials. The biggest problem is that the tone it puts out is WAY too bassy. If I play my strat through the bridge pickup the sixth string is twice as loud as it should sound and my subwoofer sounds like its channeling the ghost of a ska bassist.
    ePOWsa
    For the price it isn't bad, the presets are pretty good, I'm just not good at customizing them. I think I would just rather have a few extra analog pedals than the processor.