RP55 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP55

Price paid: € 50

Purchased from: Local Store

I own a Squier Bullet Stratocaster, fitted with DiMarzio pickups, I also own a ESP LTD EC-10 fitted with one DiMarzio on the bridge, and I must say that it sounds killer. I've tested the pedal with other people guitars, from cheap stock Squiers, to Gibson's, and you get great sounds with it. In my house I use my monitor speakers plugged into the pedal, and my Stratocaster as my guitar. I use the Cabinet Simulation (included on the pedal), and it's ready to go. The effects are ok, I love the chorus and the phaser (the effects that I use the most). Delays are really great, from Analog to Digital, you can adjust the tempo, it's really good. Also includes Reverbs, from Hall to Spring Reverb, and those are great too. The amps that the pedal includes are very nice to play with, I usually use the JCM800, and the Fender Bassman, every amp sounds really good, but the Mesa Rectifier is too digital, even with the cabinet simulation. Could be way better.

I play from blues to metal, and this pedal suits me very well. If you need an easy pedal, and you don't want to spend too much, I totally recommend this pedal. If you can afford a better one, go for the RP155, also very cheap and simply amazing. It has an USB interface, so you can record yourself. I totally recommend the RP55, or any DigiTech product. Soon I'll post some demos of my pedal on my YouTube channel, so subscribe. Thanks.

This pedal is very cheap, I've bought mine one year ago, and now it's way cheaper. If you live in Europe you can check one of this pedals on Thomann, for a small price. It's made out of plastic so you must be careful, other than that it's really good, and I use it on my board for one year, and I've done a couple of gigs with it.

Hello, first of all I must say that I love this pedal. I've tried other RP models, and this one sounds really great. Easy to use, and very easy to get your signature sound, either you want a Fender clean tone, or a Marshall JCM800 sound. Editing patches is very easy, and you have a big bank to save your Presets.