RP70 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP70

I'm using both my 60th anniversary MIA Fender Strat and my 2008 Squier Standard Strat along with my 2001 Crate GX-65 combo with this. Some people have complained that the Distorions on this are rather weak but I find that you have to have both a sense of patience and a good ear in order to achieve a good sound as far as that goes. There are 12 amp models to choose from ranging from a 57 Fender Tweed Deluxe, 3 Different Marshalls ranging in age from 1968-83, 63 Vox AC30 Top Boost, 01 Boogie Rectifier, some if Digitech's own amp models as well, which I personally find to be quite enjoyable to use, especially the Metal 4 x 12. The stock effects are as realistic as possible and IMO, do not sound sterile.

These go for $70.00 brand new but you can get them dirt cheap on Guitar Center's website under their used gear section. For the price, they're not really that bad, providing you take the time to set it up properly. The possibilities of what you can come up with on this, are endless IMO. This is definately much better than the RP-50 and is good enough to gig with contrary to what the tone snobs say. If you're on a low budget, then I highly reccommend this pedal.

The casing on this, is made of plastic but if you take care of it, I don't see why it won't last you a long time. I could definately use this on a gig without a backup. Hell, I used a RP-50 for several years and never had any problems with it. I've been using Digitech's products since 2000, and never had any complaints about the quality of their stuff.

This is one heck of a unit folks. It has 20 tone & 20 effects libraries, 100 Presets (50 factory & 50 user.) 12 amp/8 cabinet models 5 seconds of delay time 40 high quality drum patterns Separate 1/4" Left & Right outputs & Amp / Mixer switch Built in Chromatic Tuner,Expression Pedal input, and 9 Volt adaptor.

DJ2109
    plastic stomp buttons and live gigs don't mix...i wouldn't gig with it without a backup
    jaron95
    I had an RP-90 for about 2 years and I didn't find it to be so great myself. I found the distortion sounded really cheap and the wah was very low quality. I saved my money and bought a Boss GT-10 for $610 and it's a lot more expensive then a lot of Digitech's equipment but it's really really worth it. I'll probably never buy another effects processor again, or not for many years anyway, it doesn't basically everything I will ever need to do.
    Svennson
    I own one. Had mine for easily 4 odd years now and still happy with it Done plenty jam sessions and gigs with it. Tested it with many guitars as well and the tone holds just fine! Just the pedal electrics become a bit unresponsive. A good dusting both inside and out will fix it up. A decent FX Pedal for a good price. Kinda opens your mind to what range of effects are available out on the market
    Adub
    I had the RP-80, with the built in expression pedal. Nice for volume, not so great for a wah. Good prodcut tho. I now own a Rp-155, with a looper, and USB connection. Got mine online for $50. Digitech makes pretty good stuff. For distortion, I just roll back my volume pot until it sounds the way I like.
    Saint78
    I've had my RP-70 for a couple years, it's a decent little unit, I need to upgrade soon though.
    steveman_guitar
    I had one for a while, not bad for some effects, but I never liked the distortion much. Decent product, but not great