RP80 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP80

Purchased from: Ebay

I use my Yamaha ERG 121 with this effects pedal, but it also sounds very good on my Ibanez Gio. I just prefer using it with my Yamaha because my Ibanez is getting on, in age. I use any of my 3 amps with it, and sounds exceptionally good on my Marshall 100FX. The first time I used it I was blown away by the sound, it was very loud compared to my Zoom 606, and the distortion sounds amazing, exactly what I had wished for. I haven't come across a weak point in my effects yet, and they have all sounded very good, I can get the sound of my favourite artist from my preset effects whom is Tom Delonge, but I also manage to make it sound like James Hetfield. I love my chorus effect, but I am in love with my delay effects.

I love playing punk rock emo and a bit of metal music, and this effects pedal is by far the best I have had for these genres. I have been playing fro around 2 years now and I own the Zoom 606, 05, and 504 effects pedals along with 2 old Boss ones, which I try to use as little as possible, this is my first DigiTech and I will not buy another type again, If I lost this pedal I would have to buy it again, or the next version upwards, I love the WAH pedal and I think the tuner is the easiest of all of them. The only thing I wish it had was a larger led screen.

First thoughts I didn't think I would be able to use this efects pedal at agig, but when it turns out my others had powere failures and weak links, I used my RP80, I was worried, but it was very good, I was expecting at least 10 mess ups didn't make one! I would use this pedal again, but I normally have a back up anyway.

This pedal has to be one of the simplest of all my pedals. Anyone could use this pedal easily. I highly recommend it to beginners. The manual is there, But I can't honestly say I read the entire thing through, it was just obvious how to use it really. The editing patches sound very good, and I can turn any effect I want it to the one I desire, which is exactly what I expect from an effects pedal.