RP80 review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 6.5 Neat
DigiTech: RP80

Purchased from: music city,nl

With this processor I was using a Washburn X-20 and a Randall RG25RXM which is a 25 watt amp and the processor truly livened it up. The processor is quite noisy with distortion, and the effects arn't the greatest sounding out there, but it was totally worth the buy. I can't really get any particular sounds out of it but the distortion and digital delays were very good, but there was also alot of annoying buzzing distortions which I thought were kinda pathetic.

I mostly play metal and hard rock and well this thing is more for any type of player, the distortion was alright and brightened up my old 25 watt Randall, but I cant even use it now with my new 100 watt Randall, so I believe that this pedal Is definetly more of a beginners processor. If the processor was stolen on me I would probably go and buy a GNX workstation. What I love about this processor was that it had a built in tuner which was extremely helpful when I started playing, but now I dont really need that stuff and is outdated for me. Some things I hated about this processor was that it only had two footswitches which was good and all but when you switched between effects there was a break between the change and because of the gain control you had to screw around with the expression pedal to get your sound back again.

I am not so sure If I could depend upon this, but If I did bring it on a gig I would definetly bring along a backup. The tiny thing is pretty strong though. I havn't dropped it off any buildings or anything but It hasn't broken on me through all the wear and tear.

The RP80 I found was extremely easy to use and any beginner could have a field day playing around with all the different effect. I only took the manual out of the box to read about the different effects. The only problem I had here was that there was only two foot switches so switching between effects was sort of difficult.