RP80 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP80

Purchased from: Christmas Present

The sounds are definately better than the sound that comes straight from my amp. I set up with a cable from my BC Rich Bronze to the pedal. Then that goes into my Johnson standard 15 watt amp on a perfectly clean setting. The two wires that need to be used sound alot better when they are the same brand. On almost all distortion settings thre is alot of noise. But that's why there is a noise gate. The effects are all exceptionally awsome. The delay is not the kind of "play/wait/hear." It's really more like an echo delay. Other than that all I can say is sweet! My favorite artists are Metallica, Green Day, and 3 Doors Down. I can imitate every one of there sounds with no problem. That is except for Metallica's distortion. The gain on the amp models only goes up to nine when Metallica has 11 gain. The distortion is really the only thing I don't like about it.

When I play I play mostly punk, rock, and metal. This unit is just one big rubberband that fits every catagory. The clean tones are extremely powerful and the effects are crisp as on any CD today. I've only been playing for about a year. This is the only pedal I own and if I lost it or someone stole it I would totally get a new one. I love everything about it but it could have a little bit more distortion power. It's like a whole pedal board in a 6.3"x8.125"x2.0" box. And it only weighs 1.34 lbs. The best thing about it all is the biult in expression pedal. You can change the parameters of an effect without bending over and editing it.

I've had this for five months and nothing has gon wrong-at all. All DigiTech items are very dependable. I would totally take it to a gig without a backup for one reason. I wouldn't need one! Even thought it's mostly plastic it's very durable.

The RP80, by DigiTech is a great multi-effects prosessor. It's very simple to use; espeacialy when you know how to use it. The pedal is very self eplanitory. I only had to get out the manual to figure out what the 1" by 1" (which is really small) display was telling me. The signs and buttons are all labeled. The only thing confusing is the chorus/mod dot. There are like 14 effect under that. You can't download patches to the console which is fine for me 'cause it isn't as complicated as the Guitar Workstation.