RP80 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP80

Purchased from: local shop

I used this to record to my computer, play through stereo speakers, as well as a crappy 10 watt Yamaha amp. The distortion is always crisp, the Whammy brain scrambling, and the phaser hypnotic. Also the shear plethera of effects makes this pedal a great value. The Whammy is faithfull the a whole slur of rage songs, and the distortion is adjustable for crips and crunchy to bassey and destructive. As for the other effects I cant really recall many artists that I listen too that would use them, although there is a very nice delay/echo setting that is identicle to the sound in candlebox's far behind.

I haven't been playing for verylong (less than a year) but my disgustingly long finger have let me learn pretty quick (I'm working on the headsplitting duel by vai from crossroads, as well as crystal planet from you better know who). I'm also a very large Tom Morello fan (except Adioslave, damn you Cornell). The one thing I wish it did have was patch-ablitiy, but it's still damn good.

Overall I would give this very high durability rating. The fact that my friends dog ripped it from the amp cables and brought it to me to play fetch, and it still worked afterwords is testment to that. I might bring a backup to a gig just becuse you never no if anyone might shoot you for the break up of pantera and steal you gear.

This is fine adition to any beginers FX armada. You basicly get some of the most popular DigiTech stomp boxes in one console plus a wah and Whammy. The drum Machine isn't bad, but for some reason it displays the speed in values where the max is 100 instead of bpms, but over all a nice addition. Like I said I paid 80$ for mine but I know you can find them cheaper, in fact a friend of mine got an RP200 for 60$ (which by the way is also a stellar product). No patches mean you are stuck with the sounds on their, but effects 1-40 are custumizable by you (and you can combine multiple effects, as well as link one to expression pedal if you want). Lastly the extra 1/4 inch output and headphone out put is great for setting up an ameature studio. Also the headphone out means you can hook it into a stero and the signal will be proscesed so no speaker damage occurs.