RP80 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP80

I bought this as an alternative to buying a new guitar right away, just to give me some more options for sounds. I can get my Squier to sound like anything from a 12-string acoustic/electric to almost the quality of a Les Paul. If you don't use the sound gate option, the effect can cause a ton of interference.

I play mostly Green Day, Blink 182, The Offspring, and this really gives me what I'm looking for, without having a million different effects pedals. I love the fact that I can create my own effects, but still have the old ones on the pedal. If this thing was lost or stolen I'd: 1. hunt down and kill whoever stole it; 2. buy it again in a heartbeat.

It's really durable, built like a tank. Even though it is made mostly of plastic, it can hold up to just about anything. I would use this on a gig without a backup without thinking twice about it.

If you set the effects up right, this pedal will give you almost exactly what you're looking for. The manual explains each effect variable, so when creating your own effects, you aren't left in the dark.