RP80 review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 6.5 Neat
DigiTech: RP80

Purchased from: Thomann Cyberstore

I use this DigiTech bastard with an Ibanez GRG270 through a Harley Benton amp (bad equipment if you ask me) and the sound I got was average at the chorus, phaser and flanger sounds but then distortion really sucked. The effects sounded quite cheap but the noise gate was very good thats one thing I'm satisfied with, but I give sound also a 3.

This pedal wasnt as good as I expected. I ordered it by internet so I didn't know how it sounded like. I play mainly metal, sometimes punk and rock but that's not often. I've been playing for soon 4 years. If this thing would be stolen I would say: s--t happens! and get a Boss ME-50 instead which I already have ordered. The only thing I really like with this is the noise - no noize! The rest is average except the dist. because it's crap and this is my opinions. But if you really want some good stuff don't buy this one I don't think you like it.

This thing is durable. It's plastic but it's durable. I would use it on a gig without a backup if it werent for the sound.

This pedal is pretty easy to use, like switching effects is very easy but when you like "make" your own effects it's pretty difficult and complicated, but still pretty easy getting a good sound of it, pretty hard actually. I wanted a good distortion sound but I couldn't get exactly the one I wanted so yeah pretty difficult getting a good sound. The manual for this one is easy to understand and I'm very glad it had a manual because I was pretty confused at first but I give easy of use a 3 because getting a good is actually difficult.