RP80 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP80

Purchased from: George's Music

I'm using mine with a Fender Frontman 15G. One problem I have is that there can be huge differences between the volume of one effect and the volume of another. This can lead to a lot of fiddling with volume knobs. The sound is great though. Some of the effects sound exactly like certain artists, which is pretty cool and can lead to a lot of experimenting with that particular genre. While some of the effects sound a lot alike, there are many that stand out, and they all sound good.

For the price, it was a great buy. It matches just about whatever music you want to play. You get some very heavy tones as well as some very sharp, shred inspiring sounds. I like how the peddle can be set up to adjust wah, volume, and just about everything else. I don't like the volume differences between each setting. It is a great multi-effect peddle, not the best, but a good replacement for a bunch of single effects. If I lost it anytime soon, I would buy it again, because I really don't need anything more serious.

This thing is sturdy. I don't play gigs, but I think I would trust using this. It is a very tough plastic and feels rather solid.

Simple interface, however it takes time to get to know it intuitively, but nothing complicated. It gives you 40 presets, and an extra 40 spaces to alter said presets. So all in all you can have 80. Once you read up on it, it's very easy to change the effects to how you want them, fantastic for experimenting. The manual is easy to read and is key to truly understanding this Machine.