RP80 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP80

Purchased from: merchant city music

I use this through my super Strat with coil tap and double locking floyd rose, great warm tone on the humbuckers, are you playing a strat but want a humbucker sound? Quess what this pedal has a pickup effect making our single coils humbuckers or your humbuckers single coils, I play metal. Thrash this is great for me has lots of warm vintage valve sounds, and high output distortion, plus a whole bunch of crazy effects including a sitar! And acoustic effects, comes with manual and 9v mains supply, and will run off 6 aa batteries.

This is a great pedal and fits in well with my sound and what a price, if it were stolen I would find it and punch the guy if not then I would have to go out and buy it again, I only wish it has more. What the hell am I saying this pedal has everything! To improve your tone/sound etc I recommend this pedal to anyone from beginner to professional, hey just think of all them people who indorse DigiTech.

I would be more than happy to use this at a gig with no backup whatsoever, you have a tuner (built in) so you can re tune between songs, a bypass for a clean sound with no effects added to your tone, and not forgetten the built in expression pedal! Great for the blistering wah solo or distortion gain/boost.

The DigiTech RP80 is one kickass pedal, I bought this brand new last January and it hasnt let me down on sound yet with 40 set presets and extra 40 that you change for your own style, built in chromatic tuner, drum Machine with a tempo change and 30 different beats, large choice of wah-wah, reverb, flanger you name it has it, great pedal and as I am aware the price has now gone down to 69.