RP80 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP80

Purchased from: Ron's Music

I'm using it with a box standard 10 watt GA-10 amplifier I got with my guitar and a Yamaha ERG121. The problem with this pedal is tht there isnt any good acoustic or electric sounds and if you get a good acoustic sound u hav to turn up your amp to hear it so tht means when you want to switch to electric you have to turn it down and it's a lot of hassle. I've been playing guitar for about a year now and like to play a lot of Green Day and Blink 182 but I can't get a proper sound out fo the pedal to sound like them all the distortion sounds have weird delay effect and if you do find a good sound you can't move it next to another good sound so tht means you have to edit each sound from scratch. The wah pedal only works on two effect out of 80 but besides that its very good.

I play a lot of punk/rock and it can cope with a lot of this I've been playing a year (as before). if it were stolen I woould buy another one theres a good Zoom pedal without the wah and the 80 efect slots but that has better sound quality. My favourite feature is the wah pedal.

This pedal is very sturdy and it wouldnt break so I could trust it and I wouldn't use it in a gig because of its effects quality but I would use it because of it reliability.

There isn't many true good distortion sounds out of the RP80, there is a lot of sounds but most of them are weird ones tht u would never need. The editing of the sounds is quite easy and good and the manual was very easy to read and understand.