RP80 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP80

I am using it with a Squire Affinity Strat and a Fender Frontman 15G amp (so if I can use it with this, it can be used with anything). As before mentioned, the RP80 has a noise gate built in so that there is no feedback. The efffects are powerful, but sometimes overly so. Some effects, when using right guitar and amplifier settings, can sound quite close to famous guitar players tones (i.e. Slash, Hendrix and Page). There is a very powerful distortion, a very good wah pedal and a delay effect(three highly useful settings).

I play mostly old rock music and it is good for that. I have been playing for a year and have had this since Christmas and it helps with tonal matching for some of the artists I play. I am entirely satisfied with this product, but I haven't had any other effects pedalas to compare it with.

I only have this effects pedal, and when I use it is works fine. I don't have a band to do gigs with, but if I did I would use this without a backup.

The DigiTech RP80 is incredibly easy to get a good sound out of once you have figured out what all the effects actually are. The tone is brilliant, and for those worried about a humming amplifier the RP80 has a built in noise gate. There are 80 different modes. They are two lots of the same 40 sounds. The first 40 you can alter to your whim. The second, you can't, so if you end up arsing up a setting, you can go to its opposite number and get the exact settings for it to reset it.