RP80 review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
DigiTech: RP80

Purchased from: Custom Music

I have only used it through a small Fender rumble amp but the effects sound good and loud. I mostly play rock music and getting a good distortion is easy but is hard to alter due to the buttons. But I can get some good Nirvana effects and some good Vintage and metal tones.

Since I usually play rock music I really need a good distortion and this does provide a few good distortion effects but really nothing special. One major thing I wish I asked was thatif the store stocked and higher models because one of my mates has a higher model and it is leagues ahead of the RP80 and didnt really cost much more. One thing I do like about it is the drum Machine and the inbuilt tuner. If this was stolen I probably wouldnt be to concerned and I would probably buy the a higher model.

After comparing it to higher models of the RP series I probably wouldn't use this for a major show and definetly not without backup. Especially after seeing one of my mates RP80s expression pedal brake only after about 6 months or so.

This is my first effects unit and so far I have been pretty impressed. The RP80 has 80 effects, an inbuilt guitar tuner, an expression pedal and a drum Machine with over 30 different beats. It also has to large pedal like buttons that make it very easy to change between effects. It did come with a manual and I found it very helpful. But because it only has buttons you cant make an effect precisly the way you want it.

Joshua Douglass
    Love,Peace and Chicken Grease, What does Chicken Grease have to do with the Digitech RP-80?If this guy would spend more time playin his axe, instead of complaining about the fact that he couldn't change the order of the fx in this unit,he may have more time to tell people what fx are actually available to the player.I happen to own an RP-80 and I don't care how many effects and in what order or what level they are set to. A little less talk and a lot more action would be refrehing in this review.Fx are no substitute for experience..