RP80 review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
DigiTech: RP80

Purchased from: custom music

I am using a Fender Highway One Strat and a Peavey 15 watt backstage amp. I find that nearly all the distortions are very noisy and make my guitar sound like its drowning. Some of the cleans effects sound good but some sound really weak. The wah is the worst wah I have ever heard. I can get some effects that sound like a cousin to some of Nirvanas but that is about it. Good luck trying to find a crunchy sound like AC/DC or Guns N' Roses.

I play mostly rock but a bit of everything. I have been playing for over a year and I've found that if you pay the extra money and get a higher model up you are making a good choice. If it was stolen I would definetaly not buy it again. It is fairly easy to use and has about 5 good effects. The best thing on it is probably the the reverb. But it is not that good. The bottom line is you are better off buying another brand of effects or getting the higher models.

I have had to send it away to DigiTech once to get the pedal fixed. I've also had to give it to custom music to solder some wires together and the power cord is always falling out while playing so I have to use batterys. Once I had batteries in and the power cord at the same time and the power outlet started burning. I can't depend on this at all and the only reason I would use it at a gig is because I don't have something else to use.

The RP80 is very easy to use if you are a beginner. Although trying find a good sound is not easy. It has 40 factory presets and 40 user presets. The manual is very good at explaining how to use it and how to make new presets although making new presets that sound close to good can be a challenge.

blind_melon1995
    achiles03
    blind_melon1995 wrote: its a decent pedal. i only use the wah but the others are ok. the first reviewer sounded kinda clueless by the way
    same here the wah fine but the other effects aren't up to par. Its great for beginners though.
    achiles03
    same here. the wah is fine but the other effects aren't up to par. Its great for beginners though.
    Angus Van Halen
    I thought this thing was pretty tight, it deserved better reviews. Beginner or not its a good little effects pedal.