RP80 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP80

I am using a Fender frontman 15 amp with it and it eliminates the ambient, buzzing noise with the distortion on. There are 40 user effects available for the user to write over and 40 factory presets. Some of them aren't needed and some don't sound good, but most of them sound great. If your good at editing effects, you can almost create the sound of any artist. The only bad thing is the Whammy which has a delayed reverb sound that makes it sound that your in a small empty room, but besides that, everything is great.

I play alternative rock/punk and it does good if you know how to edit effects. I have been playing for three years now and I have messed around with many single effects and this one has all of them and just as good, I say, good job DigiTech. If this unit wa stolen or lost I would buy this and another pedal. The thing I love abot this is that it has all types of ways you can model a song. I also like the tuner which has led's that tell you if it's sharp or flat.

This unit is very sturdy and is made out of tough plastic, and metal. Some people say they've stood on it and it broke...What im wondering is why these guys try to break it to see if its durable? I think that if you try to be light with it, it will last forever.

The RP80 is a quite easy unit if you read the owners manual. Only 2 pedals to change the effects. It is easy to edit or make your own effects. The drum Machine is easy to use also. The manual explaines everything in an easy way. it gives you the description of every effect and tells you every option of how to make an effect.