RP80 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP80

Purchased from: Zzounds.com

I'm using this with a Ibanez RG7321 and a Cube 60. I only use this for my clean tones, because I don't really like my Cube's cleans all that much. It can be noisy if you're using a lot of compression or a high-gain amp model. The Noise Gate doesn't work too well. Instead of elimating the noise, it just elimates it when you're not playing. There's also a slight delay from when you stop playing and there's still noise for about half a second before it goes completely silent. The high-gain models suck, like really bad. They're really digital and just muddy and ugh, not fun stuff. I only use this unit when I want to play clean tones or if I when I'm bored. It doesn't sound very good. All the preset's except a few are really bad. The Phaser sounds a little weird to me, but the Delays and Reverbs are nice. The wah's are adjustable at all (from what I can understand) and that sucks. The whammy is pretty useless and the pitch shifter is kind of annoying to me. The chorus and flanger's are nice, I liked the sound of those. The EQ is pretty bad. I can't use it for much, but someone else might.

It's pretty crappy IMO. Everything sounds cheap and cheesy. It's pretty small, I didn't think it would be as small as it is. The expression pedal is kind of weird to move around because of the size. If this unit got stolen or whatever, it wouldn't break my heart. I wish it sounded better, it's $60 so I'm not really surprised. If you're looking at getting this, don't. I highly recommend getting something better.

It's made out of a durable hard plastic, but it can still break. You have to be careful with it or you much crush one of the footswitches or mess up the expression pedal. I would never use this at a gig, just strictly something to play around with. It could probably withstand a gig, but I wouldn't use it because it sounds like poo.

It's a little confusing at first, but I got used to it. It's pretty easy to get a good sound out of it, if you're not too picky. The manual tells you a lot of things for this product, and guides you in the right direction. It's pretty simple to use, since it doesn't offer that much.

olij92
    Whats better this or the Zoom 505II Cause I wanted this but if my Zoom505II is better I wont get it