RP80 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP80

Purchased from: Deep Music

I use the DigiTech RP80 with an Epiphone Les Paul Custom guitar and some Indian amp. I also use it for home recordings. The recordings sound pretty cool. The DigiTech RP80 has a preset of cool sounds. trust me, I never had any hiss or any noisyness at ANY patch I've used. The effects are of a wide variation and they can be easily managed. THough it takes some time, but I can get very good sounds. I have a band that usually covers My Chemical Romance, The Killers, The Rasmus, and other Death Metal band which only covers Lamb Of God. We also have self compositions which we play and the DigiTech RP80 has helped me out so much.

I've played every genre on this effects processor. from deathmetal to blues, from alternative rock to jazz. So there's no telling in how much of a good processor the RP80 is. I love everything abot the DigiTech RP80. And it has been my ultimate friend cum guitaring need since the last one year. I wish it had a larger patch storage capacity. But the newer DigiTechs have 'em though. So all in all, the DigiTech RP80 is an awesome product to buy.

Depending on it would be a pretty good idea. Though sometimes, connection problems can arouse, but you can get over it easily. I have played many gigs using this product and at none of them, I had to get embarassed because of the DigiTech RP80. You can use it without any backup.

The DigiTech RP80 is my right hand, I must say. I had to pay a huge $204 for this product because they had to get imported to the other side of the world, Nepal. The DigiTech RP80 was my find then. It can be really difficult to use it (ESP editing the patches) but after you get used to it, DigiTech can be your only choice. It gives a preset of 40 patches and storage space of 40 patches which can be pretty cool for gigs. The manual included is pretty cool, just the details you want. The DigiTech RP80 has numerous effects that makes it a perfect guitar processor.

Brakiss
    Pretty good for the beginners, I'm completely content with it for now, but if you get serious you'd rather use some analog pedals or whatever. You can actually change the order and effect range is pretty wide so I think you'll be able to get the sound you want if you try. I think it's a bit better than Zoom, but I haven't really tried zoom.
    mondo83xx
    I own one of these and don't use it any more. I find the digital effects on my MG amp reward me more. Its a toy really. Good for young bedroom learners.
    Zeppman918
    i have this pedal still, but im currently looking for a new one. It's good for exploring new sounds and effects, definitely a beginners pedal. the sound is pretty decent, some of the effects sound the same though, and through distortion, you kind of have to play around with the effects to get the best results.
    basskaibi
    My parents bought this pedal for me on my birthday about 5 years ago. This pedal is really awesome if you have a good cabinet. I play it, usually the Rectifier model, through a KXR 100 - a solid-state KEYBOARD AMP - and it makes any commercial store target or walmart guitar sound awesome. Better than what a Spider III can do, anyway. However, I wouldn't recommend it plugging it in directly to your speakers, and I definitely would NEVER use its amp or cabinet models for recording stuff. In terms of that, it's really yucky.
    Sprockets
    I had this 4 years ago and it served me well. Did some direct recording with it and eventually sold it, as I moved up to better gear. I thought it sounded really good. Bottom line folks is that you CAN get any of these cheapo processors to sound good if you configure them right and you don't drown your sounds in tons of modulation and delays.
    Flash chordin'
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I think Fender guitars sound better with effects petals because of their single coil pickups. Plugged my Strat into this thing and it sounded MARVELOUS. Plugged in my Les Paul and it was too muddy. Now I know some of you metal players prefer a thick, muddy sound, but not me. Paid a whopping $40 for this box, and was better than what I thought. I Especially like the Adjustable Delay for a rockabilly-1950s-Blues sound. Maybe not as good as a Echoplex, but it'll do.
    ibanez_freq_777
    This pedal is definately a steal at the price that I paid for it ($80 CDN) but one major issue that I have with it is the durability (or lack thereof). By now all of the parameter adjustment buttons have broken off. They used very thin plastic tabs to connect them and believe me, if u adjust this pedal as much as I do, they WILL break eventually. Now I have to take a piece of plastic sprue from one of my old model kits and stick it inside the housing just to adjust something as simple as patch volume, and don't get me started on the drum looper button. Once I get it turned on, it's easier just to unplug it and then plug it back in than to fiddle with the button to turn it off.
    El_Lobo_1
    Pretty good pedal. picked mine up out of a pawnshop in Texas for 50 bucks lol not a bad deal...