RP80 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP80

Purchased from: local store

ESP H-1001FR LTD Deluxe Electric Guitar copy, and a strat. A custom amp with Celestion G12H 30 Watt Anniversary Vintage Guitar Speaker. its noisy and loud, but i just turn the patch volume down and adjust my amp. Planet Waves cables are the best. Sometimes Unnecessary Noises are from the cables.

I play wish full thinking by john petrucci. Dream theater, Satriani, Greenday, Creed, beatles, and many more. Any thing that comes into our mind. Mostly Pop music coz we are paid to do that. Been playing for 17 years, I do have other gears besides this. Mostly analogs and a Zoom G2.1u. If it is stolen I'll get higher version of this RP 355 and a like because the problem Zoom G2.1U and its higher versions, the stomp switch. The spring will soften. Some times it is hard or to soft, or it will just change on it's own. Open it, and change the springs or stretch them. HOWEVER, my RP 80 don't have any problem with that. In fact, RP 80 is much an earlier tool. High gains is not good in this, but it can boost a ds 1 and other pedals or your amp. or just select a distortion in the RP 80, set the gain on 5, and adjust volume, gain and and the eq of your amp. It will do the trick.

I can depend on it depending on the type of music we are set to play. First I've use it with a back up, a 2x3 pedal board with different analog pedals in chain. However, since then I only use the RP 80 in practice and gigs. Except for Heavy metal. I use my pedal board and my Zoom G2.1u. It is reliable and durable, but for a reason that it is light weight I made a small custom pedal board for it with a box.

It is very easy is it to get a good sound out of it including Editing patches. The eq is tricky. Just adjust my guitar tone knob and the amp for extra help.