RP90 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP90

Purchased from: Ted Brown Music

I'm using a Fender Stratocaster with this, it never really gets obnoxious, it always gives a nice crisp tone, whether on heavy grunge or clean. I've tried setting these to the sounds of Satch, Vai, Stevens, and Rhoads, it works great. If you've ever heard "Air Guitar Hell" by Steve Vai, there are settings on this pedal to match that odd high second half of it, it's a pitch shifter, doesn't change the tone though. The distortion sounds great, the clean tone sounds great, the Wah can be a bit hard to get started honestly, but it is nice.

I play a lot of blues, and light rock. But I also sometimes like to play metal, whatever I need to play, this always works. For example, I've played covers of Phantom of the Opera (Iron Maiden) and Fade to Black (Metallica) Live with these settings, this can easily match those guitars. And the acoustic setting on this sounds like a real acoustic not to mention. I'm completely satisfied with this pedal, the manufacturer has higher end models, but this one really has it all, and the price isn't that bad considering it wraps up about 25 other pedals at maybe $50 each into one). I really just love how versatile it is, trust me, whatever genre you play, this can pull it off for you.

It hasn't failed me once, the pedal is made of pretty strong material as well, you don't have to worry with this one. However, some of their higher models are made of stronger materials, so though this is durable, there is always going to be that little worry in your head.

This pedal is simple to use, there is an expression pedals, and two large 'buttons' you can change with your feet while playing either at home, or on stage. The manual is incredibly easy to understand, without babying you, it makes everything simple, and really helps you get the most out of this.

Aikoj
    For the distortion guitar- Amp/Cabinet models I use A7 Distortion - 95 EQ - b4 Noise Gate - 91 No FX I use that also for the intro solo and end solo. For the acoustic guitar Amp/Cabinet - AC (Obviously ) EQ - d2 Noise Gate - 93 (This one is up to you though) FX - As much chorus as I can get to simulate the 12 string they're using, so c9, but sometimes it goes better lower depending on the guitar. Reverb - 55