RP90 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP90

Purchased from: Local Music Store

I run this with my Ibanez EX 160 or LTD F 50, or any other guitar I can get my hands on. It will make a cheap amp sound good too (as long as the speaker isint shitty). But I mostley use my Peavy Studio Pro 112. The effects wont ever sound weak, unless you want them to. But that's because you can set the effects level any where between 0 to 99. I don't play a lot of artists songs with effects. Unless there song actally has those very effects in it(chorus, reverb, or flanger) is wat I use mostley. But wen I'm dickin around makin up shit the effects can make it a whole lot cooler. The factor pre set acessable by the foot pedals wen I'm feeling lazy and don't wanna get techinal with it is set to 51. Just for those Who would wanna test this out before buying I feel would like the distortion, 45 is good too. On top of that all you have to do with any foot Switch setting is press the effects libary and bam 20 pre set effects which are pretty bad ass. I am rather dissapointed in the expression/wah wah pedal tho. It is no subsitute to a real wah. The Expression pedal is the whle reason why I bought this and not the RP 50. But I guess it's better to buy the bigger modle any ways. But I'm still pissed I paied around 150.00 adding tax to the orignal price. That certian music store is ran by crooks.

I play mostley metal and genras of that nature. I don't stray far from the pack of teenagers out there playing everyday. I have around 3 years of experince playing and I'm getting pretty good. And I've gotten tons of knowledge from talkin to experinced players. Like my friends Who like to keep it in the family and play guitar like there Dads. One thing I forgot to mention is you can run stomp boxes along with headphones. you only have to plug it in and run ur guitar into the imput. Bam you can play all night and not bother anybody. But make shure you have good head phones or ur not gonna get any good sounds. I can't compair this to anyting else, because it's my first effects box. If I lost it ide be pissed caz I paied so much for it, stolen ide be pretty pissed too. But I probly wouldn't buy another onna these. If the RP 50 is anyting like this ide just go buy that. I do like how my friends envy this ha ha. it's kind of a Status thing now. I hate how I paied too damn much and the wah wah pedal sucks ass. In fact it's more like a volume pedal. I chose this effects box caz the box was black and covered In Flames and it had a(at the time I thought) a cool wah wah pedal. I really wish the wah wah was decent, because I haven't had the chance to actally use one yet. I guess certian people wouldn't be disappointed with it.

I don't gig. Mostly play with friends or by myself. I've had it for a month now. It seems to be holding up. I'm not taking any special care of it or anything. I hope it will last caz I will not buy another if this one breaks down. To gig with it I would say it would hold up. But it's nowhere as easy to use as a stomp box. You can't cycle though effects with it. Only the factory presets. But if you were to mod it and set up with certian chains in certian orders I guess it would work. But be warned. The pedals are super sensitive, If you press it too hard long and it will start cycling through pre sets like a Machine gun goes through clips. And I'm guessing the same for user added effects.

I'm going to start off by saying I payed about 40 bucks more than I shoulda payed. That sucks. Well it's cool especally caz it's my first ever Modeling Guitar Processor. I haven't done any editing to it yet. The drum Machine is kinda shitty too. The manual is pretty useful, caz with out it I wouldn't kno the names of certian effects and how to use the drum Machine. I haven't downloaded any amp modles or effects to it, and I'm prolbley not going to becasue I'm happy with the pre sets. And I'm shure that the average guitar player would be too, but if ur an over the top gear head. it's not for you. But it's a huge step up from no processer, to having one a ha ha. And it also has a built in tuner. Which all of the RP series has. So that's noting special.

fenderajb
    i find that the rp series(i own an rp50 and frequently use the rp100)is convienent.they do have some really cool effects that can fatten up just about any song
    gothic_saint
    i do own a rp 90 !! but the guy hu said the wah aint great is kinda very confused !! the wah on this is great considering the price its something that matches a line 6 pod xt live !! you just have to change the pickup to a crybaby !!and the only thing is this is too much of a blues pedal and not a lot really for heavy metal stuff which i mainly play but got some decent amount of tones for punk,alternrock etc types !!
    themelodicdeathshow
    Unfortunetly i own this it is ok but not what i wanted or expected i just keep it in case something goes wrong with my othe pedals!