RP90 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP90

Price paid: C$ 160

Purchased from: No Fret Music

I am using this thing with my little peavy backstage and it sounds wonderful! on certain metal settings it can get scratchy when you slide on your strings, but other than that there is near 0 noise, you can use the noise gate if you want to, then there is no worry with that issue. I personally think all of the effects on this processor sound very good. I have gotten some perfect jimi hendrix tones with this baby, I have a hendrix wah effect and a blues rock effect. the acoustic effect on this is awesome, everything on this processor is very good

I play metal, blues, rock, punk and classical, this thing works for everything if you ask me. if this unit was stolen from me, I would probably buy an RP250 but this is an amazing deal for anyone on a budget, or anyone period. I love the fact that it is black and I like the wah, it's just so much fun! I compared this to other DigiTech processors and thought this was the best bang for my buck, and I was totally right. I wish this processor had computer connectivity and downloadable patches, but really, can you expect that for this price? no. the last thing I have to say is if you are on a budget definatley buy this processor, it is amazing for it's price!

I'm pretty much just a jammer, I'm not in a band because I Live in a very small town so I wouldn't be the one to ask if I would gig with this, I think I would. I really think this is a good unit and I don't think I would need backup and from what I see there is no scratches or nothin yet but it is plastic not metal like the RP250 but if you aren't hard on your pedals you will have absolutely no problem, because I nail on my pedals and it is fine.

If you are on a budget this is definatley the processor for you! This thing is amazing for the cost! it is simple to get a good sound out of it and the patches are pretty easy to edit. there are 50 presets for you when you get it. the manual will tell you what effect is which number and tells you pretty much everything you need to know. This processor is super easy to use!