RP90 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP90

Price paid: C$ 120

Purchased from: Music stop

The sound on the RP90 is great for practice, or on stage. I use the RP90 with my Les Paul and a Pevey amp witch I keep on clean with no eq why using the RP90, becaus the RP90 has all the fx, distortion, courus I will ever need, and then some. The editing is prety good too. It also comes with presets witch will nerver be lost from editing because they go from 00 to 99 and 1 to 50 and 51 to 00 match up so 1 and 51 are the same 2 and 52 are the same and so on and so on. And you can only edit 1 to 50. So this is great so you can edit it to get the sound you are looking for and you can keep the prestets witch some can be next to impossible to recreat. So you always get great sound.

This is a great match for any style of music because you can make it sound like almost anything, even a electric can sound like a Acoustic with preset 31/81. I have been ussing it for about 9 months now and it has never let me down. Of this where stolen I would be very upset and probobly have who ever stoled it hunted down because this is my favourit pice of equipment ever. My favourit feature would have to be the head phones because I can play it in hotle rooms with out geting kicked out. The only thing I wish it had was lager foot pedals because I am always scared to hit the wrong one and I have a few times in prctice for songs that requier more then one setting but I have never missed live so I'm good.

This is very dependabel any where you go with it. Like one time it fell of a 10 foot stage and all the cords stayed attached to it and we just keep playing the song then after the song I need to change to a different setting so I went to Pick it up and there was not even a scatch, and I have never used a back up for the RP90.

I find the RP90 is fairly easy to use if you read the manual, and take a week or two to get the hang of it. It is also very easy to get started because there is alot of presets in the RP90. There is one in particulair that sounds almost exactly like AC/DC I realy don't know if it was done on purpose or it just ended up like that, but I realy only use the setting for playing AC/DC. The editing on the RP90 is fairly easy as long as you alway look back to the manual to double chex on what your doing, because there is such a lage database it can get confusing at times. Overal it is very easy next to other multi effect prosesors.

pyrofication
    read the manual to get your personal sounds.its lasted me for over a year now and i use it everyday so it is reliable. if you want good wah u need to set everything on clean and set the pedal to a high range. this thing is awesome. it has everything, whammy bar, wah, phaser, flanger etc EVERYTHING!!! but if the expression pedal had like a spring type thing so it centres or goes to toe up would be good.
    Bungalosoldier
    you should try and recalibrate ur pedal. i got really concerned when my pedal stopped working after a few weeks but the manual helped me out.
    MGB2
    You can actually get a good metal tone out of this thing
    93xx93
    Very nice pedal. Has alittle bit of everything. Sounds great but, the wah.....not so much. If your looking for wah get like a Crybaby or a Vox.
    JungIe
    distortion e6 eq bass 6 mid 2 treb 7 add a light delay and light reverb decent metal tone i got
    imnouser
    I hell wanna get this soon, I was gonna spend like 250 - 300 bucks (aus) on stompboxes and then god knows how much on a whammy pedal!