RP90 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP90

Purchased from: Standard Music

I'm playing with an Indonesian 2003 Affinity Series Squier Strat and a Vox Pathfinder 15R and with some Danelectro mini-pedals for an occasional compress or sustain boost. It was a little noisy when I played without a noise gate, but that is pretty much always on for me. The effects almost always sound good, the only time they don't is if you use too much chorus or phaser, or play chords while usuing distorion and a pitch shifter. Other than that, perfect.

I play basically anything but Pop and Country. It fits it all perfect. I've been playing for a year and the other Pedals I own are all the Danelectro Minis. If stolen or lost, I'd probably get one of the other RP's just to have more options. I love the fact that it has soooo many combonations to suit everything, but hate that it doesn't sound that great with pitch shifter. Wish it had a harmonizer.

I can depend on it for just about any style I can play. I make frequent tweaks to my Distortion patches considering I play in my church's youth band, and it still holds up. I constantly gig without backups. I can't get the same sounds with the pedals I have.

This is the easiest multi-effect I've used as far as getting good sounds and editing patches go. With some practice I managed to edit on stage a couple times. It's not that hard, but don't expect to pull of major changes. The manual makes it VERY easy to understand, and the best feature is the guide to which amp model is which and which preset is which etc.