RP90 review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 4.8 Poor
DigiTech: RP90

Purchased from: Store

I use a J&D electric guitar which is basically a Stratocaster copy. There aren't stray noises from the unit. Sound output is mostly very clean. I like to play in the kind of distortion Slash (GN'R lead) uses. I can get very close to it. But it never actually sounds the same. Generally, it gets close to a lot of artist sounds. But still not clear enough.

I play rock & roll mainly. Also play pop songs for the college band. It is a very suitable unit for versatile styles. If it were stolen, I would definitely never go for this pedal again. I think there's no point in buying this pedal since I personally value reliability the most.

VERY UNRELIABLE. It has gone down on me on my last stage. To be exact, one of the change buttons suddenly stopped working. It isn't meant for rough use. Or for dusty surroundings. I had to play this open-air gig on a sandy ground and that's when it cheated me.

Its very easy to use. Straight forward buttons and controls. But at first, I had trouble how to get the Wah-Wah Pedal to work. Had a hard time figuring it out. Lots of patches are available on haax.se. That makes my life easier. I got a manual with it. But I'd rate its clarity as 6.5/10.

NHECOS
    This is fine if you want to start... but you will grow tired of it soon... trust me. It's not very good.
    Romper Stomper
    The best metal tones I've been able to get are from mesa dual rectifier model r6-r9 and 90 gain Solo amp model 06-09 and 90 gain The key to the tone is use just the clean channel on your amp and use the RP90 for your distortions using the amp models(see manual). UNLESS you have a tube amp. For a tube amp you want to use the stompbox models. I used the Electro Harmonix Big Muff(F1-F9) and got some sweet distortion on the dirty channel of a b52 Tube amp. This thing can do anything from blues to metal. It just takes a lot of tweaking.
    Romper Stomper
    I gigged with this thing twice a week for 8 months and no problems. Its durable. I can imagine how hard some of you guys must have been stomping on it for it to break....
    o0kasra0o
    i got one of these and i must say the distortion sound is weak! overall the effect has good sounds and effect but the distortion is bad :L