RPx400 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RPx400

Purchased from: B&B Music

I use it with my Epi '61 Les Paul Reissue into my Fender Stage 1000 or Frontman 15 amps. When I would use it with the 15 it made a huge differnce because the amp is crappy. My Stage 1000 though has better effects on it so I don't really use the effects of the pedal for it. So you have to understand if you are looking to buy one of these that for 200 dollars just about you are getting like 25 different effects. For this price these are not going to be amazing effects with a lot of adjustment. But for the price its great these effects are good for fool inf around with but most are not really usable for high sound quality. This thing is quiet my amps make quite a bit of noise when they are on but as soon as I turn this on it goes silent. The standout effects in my oppinion are the amp models which are amazing and can boost your amp to however much distortion you want. Delay is also good with 2 seconds of selectable time and 3 different types. And reverb is good. Wah is bad but who cares. If you want good wah by a CryBaby or something.

I play alot of shred which works good because with the combined distortion of my amp and this put together you can get some crazy tone. If it were stolen I would only buy something else because I bought this before I got my new amp which has effects on it. I would probably buy a distortion of wah pedal if you have an amp with descent effects on it. My favourite features are the amp models cabinet models (yes you can make your combo sound like a 412 somewhat) and the tuner which makes it super easy to get to alternate tunings and is very accurate.

5/5 is the easiest way to put it.

It's farely easy to use once you read through the manual once or twice. Once you memorize all the abreviations for things it's easy. Editing goes exactly with the above. The manual is great it explains everything in detail and tells how to access it and what the effect or model or whatever sounds like.

Explorer939
    Get the RP '5' series pedals (e.g -rp55,355, 255.etc They are updated versions of these (350,250)