Scott Ian Black-13 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Scott Ian Black-13

The sound for this is amazing, perfect for any Anthrax cover but setting 6 inparticular is very good for covers of early Avenged Sevenfold and tones on Trivium's "Ascendancy". When I use it, I play with a Jay Turser standard and a Peavey 112 Bandit. I know I don't have the best gear, but the Black 13 fixes that, it makes my guitar wail with amazing distortion. On settings 1 and 2 though it gives a lot of feedback if you have the "level" setting high enough, but otherwise, no interfearences. Bedides distortion, it has a setting called "Finalle" (setting seven, the last setting) in which there is a delay with a pitch shift. You can adjust how fast the delay is and if the pitch shift goes up 12 semitones, down 12, or anything in between. The down side to that is, you can't take of the pitch shifting effect.

My overall impression of the Black 13 is that this is a decently affordable pedal with good distortion and a cool unadvertised effect. I mainly play metal like Avenged Sevenfold Or Trivium, as I stated before. I also play hardcore stuff like Rise Against. This pedal is amazing for both. If I lost it or it broke I'd kill someone to get back done to Guitar Center and replace it. If you want to play amazing metal or hardcore get this pedal. What are you still sitting there reading this for? Go buy this pedal allready! And remember, if you and your band are doing a cover of Trivium's "A Gunshot To The Head Of Trepidation" and your in the middle of the solo, makes sure you don't step on it and turn of the distortion, trust, it's not fun!

The Black 13 is very reliable. From now one whenever I play a gig with my band that's what I'm using. I can completly depend on it for all my distortion needs. The pedal is really easy to tap with your foot too, so that makes it even easier to use on stage. I can also depend on it not to squel when there's a pause, I just don't use setting 1 or 2. As for durability, it's still in good shape, but I've only had it for two weeks.

The Black 13, the new signature pedal from Scott Ian, is an amazing pedal. It is extremely easy to use, even a knew player that's only been playing guitar for a couple weeks could operate and get an awesome tone from it. The manual is great, if you couldn't figure out how to operate by just knowledge of how a pedal works the manual will definitly help you out. it's still help for to look in there if you know how to use it allready. As well as that, the packet gives you presets for the sound of the recordings (each setting mimicks a previous Scott Ian tone) but you can also edit it to your preferances.

TeddyRamone
    damn... 162, 120, 89 pounds... its gonna be 3 times the price here in Singapore... damn that sucks...