Screamin' Blues review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Screamin' Blues

My current setup is as follows: Highway 1 Strat, Dunlop GCB95, DigiTech WH4, DOD Tuna, Boss CS3, Electro-Harmonix Big Muff NYC Reissue, DigiTech Screamin' Blues, Electro-Harmonix Small Stone, Boss PH3, MXR Phase 90, DigiTech Digidelay, Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail, Electro-Harmonix Small Clone, Ebtech Humbox Eliminator, Boss NS-2, Marshall TSL122. It is a relatively quiet pedal when it is on my effect chain. On itself it does not hum at all even when I am in a quiet room. Hendrixian tones can easily be achieved on this pedal. As I mentioned earlier, all it takes is a little experimentation. The distortion is very transparent, keeps the tone of your guitar. Setting the gain to max reveals surprising sustain from a pedal I consider more of a booster. I use this pedal to create a little chunk and crunch from the fuzz of my Big Muff.

I play in 2 bands, an alternative/grunge band and a Rage Against The Machine Tribute band. On my own I also try to learn the fine ART of blues. this pedal is a perfect match for me because it plays a major role in my chain of effects and it gives me the tones I need when I use the pedal by itself. This pedal is a cross between the Boss Blues Driver and the Ibanez TS-9 and it took all the great aspects of these pedals and fused them together. If it were stolen, I would definitely buy another one (I hope not though. Because here in the Philippines, once someone steals from your pedalboard, everything else comes along with it). This pedal is perfect.

This is a very dependable pedal. I think it is bullet proof. If thrown at your head, you'd probably have a serious concussion. This pedal was surprisingly heavy the first time I held it. I use it on gigs without backups. DigiTech pedals are really reliable.

This pedal is very easy to use. A little experimentation and common sense is all that's needed to find that great sound from this pedal. The manual was complete but then again, people Who have used stompboxes before would find little use for it (I had to check the manual on how to release the pedal to gain access to the battery compartment). Since this was my first DigiTech stompbox. Everything else was perfect. The catalogue that came with it though, was way cooler than the manual.

pitbull510
    Ive tried this pedal and its bad ass. If you mix it w/ a Death Metal, or Metal Master, you can get a really hollow, avant-garde buckethead sound. Pwnage.
    highway61
    If thrown at your head, you'd probably have a serious concussion.
    idk why i found that so funny... i like this pedal a lot, it was one of the pedals i was considering before i opted for the boss os-2. you can get a lot of good tones if you know how to use it. first post FTW!
    FoolOnThePlanet
    jincasa
    its a good pedal, however i hate how digitech labels things. like metal master, grunge pedal, deathmetal pedal. its so annoying. i play in a grunge band, go to long and mcquade and the guys like yea you play in a grunge band right, get a grunge pedal then. when infact that pedal sucks so much ass its not even funny
    xcx0156
    jincasa : however i hate how digitech labels things. like metal master, grunge pedal, deathmetal pedal. its so annoying. i play in a grunge band, go to long and mcquade and the guys like yea you play in a grunge band right, get a grunge pedal then.
    I know exactly what you mean man! The labels/pedal names are rather in your face. Sometimes these labels on the pedals are not exactly what you are looking for. Like me, i play in a grunge band yet use the Screamin' Blues.
    mi2tom
    FoolOnThePlanet wrote: It's on good pedal. Simple to use and can give you the tones your looking for. The BOSS BD-2 Blues Driver is MUCH better in my opinion.
    If you mean the keeley's modded blues driver then it's much better, the stock one just can't beat this