Screamin' Blues review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Screamin' Blues

Purchased from: Easy Music Hawaii

I play a PRS SE Singlecut, Line 6 Spider II HD150 half stack, Crate GLX, and I use it side by side with the DigiTech Grunge and Hyper Phaser. The Grunge Pedal is great for the heavier music my band plays, but is too much for the classic rock songs we play, so I needed a pedal that was a compromise between distortion and Overdrive. I tried the Bad Monkey, but didn't think it had enough gain when it was set high. The Hot Head was a little strong for what I wanted. The Screaming Blues hit the nail. Lower level overdrive is perfect, but it can also put out a nice distorted tone that isn't over-powering like the grunge pedal.

My band plays '60s-modern rock. This pedal combined with the Grunge Pedal is almost all I need for distortion. The Digiverb, Multichorus, and Turbo Flange are my next stomp boxes to get. Love the tone, hate the battery prong, you will see this in all of my DigiTech reviews. And I chose this pedal because it was somewhere in the middle of the Bad Monkey and Hot Head, with the perfect compromise of overdrive and distortion.

I can depend on it's rugged metal build, and will gig with it. The only thing I hate about DigiTech stomp boxes is the flimsy battery prongs! I won't even bother trying to use a battery since these things break so easily! I broken 2 of 3 within the past 6 months, and haven't changed either of my other 2 pedals more than 3 times each.

Pretty simple. If you know what you want, it shouldn't take very long to find the right sound. As with all DigiTech manuals, I wouldn't even bother reading them. I feel it's better to listen and adjust then, to look at presets. How hard can a stomp box be? It isn't a multi-effect pedal so ease of use is perfect.