Screamin' Blues review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Screamin' Blues

Purchased from: Music Go Round

I am using a little Crate 15GT with it but I plan to buy a Fender FM 65 so it should sound even better then. The distortion isnt loud even on max, a very nice feature. The effects can be toned down or way up depending on what you want, a very versitile pedal with bite too. The sound goes from Clapton to Hendrix to Skynard and even GN'R too. A distortion pedal is not considered this pedal in my opinion, it's really an Overdrive pedal that should be way more than it is.

This pedal suits me perfectly, for classic rock to metal and countrie it rocks.I've been playin for a while now and it suits my Austin and Fender well. I do not wish this pedal had any thing else except maby a 2nd effect like reverb since my amp only has distortion. If I lost it or it was stolen ide buy it again in a heartbeat. I like everything but the battery use. Otherwise it's the best pedal I've played for under 100 bucks.

This pedal has one draw back, it sucks up the batteries in one day of playin you can go through 1 or 2 batteries and you can accidently leave it on and then it's dead. At a gig ide say bring a battery and be prepared to Switch if you play heavy and have it on a lot. Or buy the power cord, that would be a very wise buy in my opinion.

The factory sounds in the books are really screaming blues like it says on the pedal. it's one of the few pedals that actually does exactly what it is supose to do. The manual is fantastic, it tells exactly what and how to set it up. I don't currently know what firmeare is or what the revision # is. But my unit isnt upgraded, factory standard and rocking.

Frankie Sparks
    I like Boss better, but that's just my opinion. I woulnd't get another. Just a reccomendation, get the Boss NS2 Noise Supressor. It's f*cking awesome.
    ZGS
    I own one, they're great if you're a strat player, but used with anything that has humbuckers, it kinda has too much mids. It's quieter than the Boss though.
    mikehislop
    [b]Yeah this pedal is pretty awsome. i think that you should read mikehislops review and say it was helpful