Screamin' Blues review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Screamin' Blues

The Blues Screamer, or Screamin' Blues, is the next pedal up in terms of Hotness in the DigiTech Distortion Pedal Line of pedals. It shares very similar sonic properties to the Bad Monkey Overdrive pedal, although this pedal starts to branch out into the distortion side as well. This makes the Screamin Blues ten times more versatile because not only can it act as an excellent booster for a lead sound, it also comes with enough gain to get a good raunchy rhythm sound. It certainly wont satisfy the appetites of Distortion crazy metal heads, and it might not even be enough for most modern rock guitarists, but for anyone looking for a good blues overdirve pedal, but also wants to be able to kick up some extra dirt, should deffinately take a look at this pedal! My friend and I played this pedal through a Stratocaster and a Crate V8 tube amp. We were able to get some really good rhythm and lead sounds, bands that came to mind were SRV, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, RHCP.

For me, a fan of Smashing Pumpkins and Velvet Revolver, this pedal wouldn't suffice as a distortion pedal. However, I also listen to a lot of the bands I mentioned up above, so this pedal could either be a hit or miss depending on how much gain you really need. As a lead pedal, the Blues Screamer is awesome, I'd love to use one on my distortion when I take a solo. The pedal is very affordable, and I might replace it if I really felt like it was an imperative Tool to capturing my tone. Otherwise I would say you can't get to much better for the 50 dollar range of effects pedals, the Blues Screamer great (relative to it's price).

I really felt comfortable using this pedal, and I feel like it would not require you to have a back up pedal at a gig. Made with a very solid body, this pedal could deffinately handle some stomping, even night after night on the road or just for band practice.

This pedal was extremely easy to use, just like the other DigiTech ditortion pedals, it had four knobs to adjust the volume, gain, lows, and high, parameters. Plug in the DC adapter, or use a 9-volt battery, step on the Switch and play! There's nothing to it, a very easy pedal to find the tone your looking for in a matter of seconds with some easy tweaking.

Motman
    My bro gave it to me for my birthday. What a wicked present. I was hesitant to buy it myself, but it has a great overdrive to it. I've been playing tonnes of low-fi blues rock like the Black Keys on it.